Friday, September 9, 2011

Movie Of The Week September 9, 2011: The Rocketeer (1991)

Welcome to a brand new  Movie Of The Week, a new weekly feature at the Blog!  How does this differ from Trailer Park, well one it is weekly and two I hope to get interaction from YOU, the Comicpalooza fans.  I want you to email me a pick for Movie Of The Week, and I will use them and post those picks as the weeks go by!  Email me your picks at comicpaloozablog@yahoo.com!  Start thinking of your Movie Of The Week and send it to me!

The Rocketeer (1991)

Synopsis: A young pilot stumbles onto a prototype jetpack that allows him to become a high flying masked hero.

Released June 21, 1991
Director: Joe Johnston
Domestic Box Office Gross: $46 Million
Running Time:  1 Hour 48 Minutes
Starring: Billy Campbell & Jennifer Connelly

Why You Should Watch It:  First off, it's actually really good!  It's directed by Joe Johnston before he ever thought of making a Captain America film 20 years later, and it's a fun throwback to old fashioned super hero action films!  The film is hitting Blu-Ray soon too so more the reason to watch it now

No comments: