Friday, September 24, 2010

Director's Short List For Superman Film

I really like Superman Returns a lot.  I enjoyed the nostalgia of it.  The airplane scene was incredible.  I had no problem with the casting and overall I thought Bryan Singer made a great Superman film.  I know though a lot of people didn't like it and Warner Brothers wants a new film in theaters in 2012.  Christopher Nolan is going to produce the film and apparently has a short list of directors he is interested in according to Deadline. The report says, "Nolan has starting meeting candidates Tony Scott(Unstoppable), Matt Reeves(Let Me In), Jonathan Liebesman(Battle: Los Angeles), Duncan Jones(Source Code), Zack Snyder(Sucker Punch), this week and will submit his choice to the studio within the next few weeks."  So those are the candidates for the reboot of Superman.  I really hope it's not a complete reboot.  Everyone and their grandmother knows the origin of Superman and it was told very well in the 1978 original.  I have faith in Christopher Nolan though so let's hope for the best.

No comments: